We are excited to be growing and have a need for skilled medical assistants at a few of our locations. Please see the description below and e-mail your resume - we'd love to add you to our team!
Dermatology practice seeking experienced medical assistant able to perform duties with little supervision. Has the ability to perform with precision and detail; able to follow direction. Dermatology experience preferred.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The candidate will report directly to the Medical Assistant Lead and the Practice Manager. We offer competitive wages and benefits after 90 day probation period.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- 1+ years in a dermatology office (preferred)
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in specific medical field preferred
- Bilingual is preferred
Please e-mail your resume to [email protected]. Only those that qualify will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time