Swift ®: A Cutting Edge Way to Treat Plantar Warts
- Treatment protocol includes an average of 2-4 visits with each treatment lasting only 5-10 minutes.
- Visits are spaced 4 weeks apart to coincide with the body’s immune cycle.
- Complete resolution is aligned with the strength of the body’s immune response.
- A clean and quick treatment with no smoke or plume.
- Swift does not break the surface of the skin, and eliminates the need for bandages or anaesthetic.
- No at-home care is required.
- Patients carry on with their day and activities as normal following the Swift treatment.
The Swift Treatment System
Swift is a new treatment protocol for warts that offers our patients significantly faster, easier, safer, and more effective results for wart removal that previous methods, such as using peeling chemicals or cryotherapy. The procedure itself only takes a couple of seconds. Using a handheld tool, we deliver lower-power microwave energy to the layers of skin surrounding the wart. The microwaves excite water molecules and generate heat and friction, which in turn draws in proteins and activates your immune system. This is critical, as the immune system normally ignores the layers of skin where warts form. That’s why warts take so long to go away on their own! But with Swift, you direct your body’s attention exactly where it needs to go, and help it quickly build up an immunity to the strand of HPV causing your wart. In short order, the virus is cured and your body can start re-growing new, healthy tissue. Aside from minor discomfort during the 2-3 seconds of application (which is similar to an injection), the Swift treatment is not painful and should not produce any lingering symptoms. No anesthetic is required, no downtime or follow-up care is necessary, and most (although not all) people only need a single treatment.